You are receiving this email today because you/your student has expressed interest in trying out for the PRIDE of Mayfield's Auxiliary Line! If you don't already know, the Auxiliary is the dance and flag team that performs alongside the marching band. We perform in parades, community events, and, of course, at Halftime during football season. My name is Kayleigh Becker (Coach Becker), and I am so excited to meet you/your student at clinics and tryouts!
Here's what you need to know for this week:
- Clinics are this week! Tuesday and Wednesday, 4:30-6:30pm in the Wood Gym at MHS. While clinics are not mandatory, we do teach the tryout material during this time. I am aware of the choir concert on Tuesday and it is not an issue if students leave.
- Students do not need a physical to participate in clinics or on the line. However, it is recommended that any injuries/conditions are investigated/monitored by a professional. I have a decent amount of understanding to help students modify, but I am a dance teacher, not a doctor.
- Students should be prepared to move at clinics! Athletic attire and necessary undergarments are a must.
- Tryouts are Friday with time slots beginning at 5pm! More details about a specific time line will come out Thursday.
- Tryout Attire - Solid color t-shirt or tank top, black leggings, neutral color tennis shoes.
- I do not judge tryouts. I bring in guest judges to help adjudicate students.
- Try not to be nervous. I make a concerted effort to make auxiliary a fun, supportive place to be. Come try your best, ask questions, and meet some of our previous line!
- Drink water! Bring water! Please eat a good snack before clinics! We don't want any dizziness. Prepare to feel your best!
- Check out these links to begin learning Fight Song!
I am so excited to meet you/your student! If you know anyone who is interested, please forward this email to them or just have them tag along to clinics. We're going to have a great time!
Dance Instructor, Certified OH PreK-12