PRIDE of Mayfield Safety Procedures (Updated)
- Every student MUST be temperature checked prior to entering rehearsal/games (including sectionals)
- Any student with a reading of 100.4℉ or above will NOT be permitted to participate and will be asked to be picked up immediately
- Students are distanced on the field and in the stands. Any congregation of students is strictly prohibited and physical distancing will be enforced at all times.
- To increase spacing between students, the band will be sitting in the student section area of the bleachers rather than the band bleachers.
- To avoid additional congregation, students will NOT march up to the field from the high school on game nights.
Additional Safety Procedures:
- Face masks are required at all times, except when ACTIVELY playing.
- New commands, including “mask up” and “mask down” have been introduced to avoid speaking during commands, cadences, etc. without masks.
- Students are responsible for keeping track of their own music and equipment, as loaners/additional copies of music will not be handed out, no exceptions.
- Water will be permitted in stands, but it must be clearly labeled with the student’s name
- Students will be limited by how many can use the restroom at one time.